Teach Kent & Sussex is part of the Tenax Schools Trust.
The SCITT Governance Committee was set up by Tenax trustees to monitor and oversee the development of SCITT and its accountability against strategic objectives, and is accountable to the Trust Board.
There are 5 members of the committee:
- David Godfrey (Chair), Tenax Trustee
- David Ralph, Tenax Trustee
- James Shaw-Hamilton, Tenax Trustee
- Richard Tyson, Director of Teaching School
Its Clerk is Paulina Wookey.
The operations director of Teach Kent & Sussex SCITT is in attendance at all meetings.
The committee meets 3 times a year.
The Chair, Mr David Godfrey, can be contacted in writing via the Clerk to the Committee, Mrs Paulina Wookey, either by post using the Tenax Schools Trust postal address (c/o Bennett Memorial Diocesan School, Culverden Down, Tunbridge Wells, TN4 9SH), or by email at [email protected].
SCITT strategic board:
The board’s objectives are to consider the current effective and smooth workings of the SCITT and its future development through facilitating communication between its main constituent parts.
Chair: Teach Kent & Sussex CEO
Membership: Headteachers of Bennett Memorial Diocesan School and Claremont Primary Schools, Teach Kent & Sussex SCITT Partner School Headteacher representatives, SCITT Director(s)
Clerk: SCITT administration manager
- Oversees strategic development and delivery of the SCITT.
- Ensure strategic and operational integration with the Altius Teaching School Alliance and partners
- Meets six times a year to review SCITT provision and identify enhancements to improve impact and effectiveness, against an annual self-evaluation schedule and improvement plan
- Monitors progress with the SCITT Director against overall strategy
- Secures resources and input needed from each partner organisation
- Strategic management of Risk Register
- Receives formal reports on trainees progress and systems for monitoring and evaluating ITT provision.
- Strategic responsibility for deselection of partner schools and strategic partners such as the HEI.
Tenax Schools Trust:
The Tenax Schools Trust is a Church of England multi-academy trust (MAT) that exists to provide outstanding education in both primary and secondary schools in Kent and East Sussex. The trust has responsibility for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training provider (SCITT).
The name ‘Tenax’ is the Latin word for ‘tenacious’ or ‘steadfast’. We chose it because we are steadfast in our values and in our commitment to high achievement and personal growth for all young people.
Please visit the Tenax Schools Trust website to find out more:
Via the link below you will be able to access statutory information that Academy Trusts must publish, such as the annual report, annual audited accounts, memorandum of association, articles of association, funding agreement.
Information about the Board of Trustees can be found here:
The Tenax Schools Trust is an exempt charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales with company number 07542155. The registered office is at: Culverden Down, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9SH